With architectural shotcrete, complex shapes are easily accommodated with minimal or no formwork.
Structural shotcrete as a concreting option with an applied architectural finish allows complex shapes to be easily accommodated with minimal or no formwork. The possibilities with the option are many as the shotcrete can is finished as per requested texture.
Structural Shotcrete is an excellent alternative to formed wall construction, particularly in below grade foundation wall applications, hard to access areas, and overhead or curved surfaces. Additionally, finished structural shotcrete walls do not require the type of refinishing that is common in formed construction (fin removal, form tie patching, etc.).
Structural shotcrete is typically completed using a wet mix process however, for remote areas or projects with limited quantities, dry mix may be considered due to its versatility and lack of reliance on the availability of ready-mix concrete.
ADVANTAGES OF SHOTCRETE
- Eliminate or reduce the need to design formwork for internal pressures.
- Eliminate need to patch form ties, fin lines etc. related to formed construction.
- Complex shapes easily accommodated with minimal or no formwork.
- Elimination of crane lifts related to concrete placement and delivery – HCM Shotcrete utilizes tow behind concrete pump equipment for all concrete placement requirements.
- High compressive strength, durability, fire retardation, low permeability. excellent bond to a variety of substrates (wood, steel, existing concrete).
- Full access and visibility of wall elements before and during concreting. Easy verification of reinforcing and concrete placement.
- Highly adaptable and cost-effective repair of hard to access, overhead, vertical, and curved surfaces.