Founded in 2001, HCM is a full-service geotechnical excavation, shoring and foundations contractor that specializes in sustainable foundations, including Shotcrete and Structural Shotcrete.
The HCM Group is comprised of HC Matcon Inc (Ontario) , Ottawa Division – HCM Micropile, a division of HC Matcon Inc., and HCM Contractors Inc – (Western Canada).
Our offerings include a variety of foundation and shoring techniques- including caissons, caisson walls, shotcrete, soldier piles and lagging, footing tie-down anchors, rock and soil anchors, helical and mini piles, and underpinning.
Our values are Teamwork, Innovation, Service and Sustainability, which leads to our motto:
INNOVATION IN FOUNDATIONS
We believe in our global stewardship and responsible management of resources.
We actively manage our consumption of resources, and seek ways to reduce our impact on the earth.
We believe sustainability is everyone’s responsibility and we require every HCM Group employee to make sustainability central to every business decision. We believe in the integration of environmental, economic and social sustainability practices.
Senior management of HCM Group continually reappraises work practices and develops new technologies to reduce consumption of resources. As such, you will find our workers using eco-friendly products and reducing the amount of concrete, wood and steel used in foundations based on stamped engineering drawings that eliminate the practice of “overdesign” that leads to excessive use of resources.
- Safety First – We have a dedicated Safety Team and offer the best Safety environment and training available in Canada. All our branches are also C.O.R Certified.
- Training – We invest heavily in well trained employees, including ACI-certified Nozzlemen, as well as fully trained tradesmen, draughtsmen and engineers.
- Business Professionalism – Our executives are certified Engineers and hold Masters of Business Administration.
- Research and Development – We invest in developing new foundation systems, practices, products and processes.
- Cutting-edge equipment – Our fully equipped fleet of specialized equipment means we can tackle any project, big or small.
- Superior Design – We offer in-house design and manufacture of custom helicals.